Welcome to OCD Support
The Community Hub could help you find answers to issues relating to OCD. We have our discussion boards covering a whole range of topics, also on this page you will find our blog posts which are updated regularly.
Please register to use the Discussion boards.
February - 5 Ways to Wellbeing
Do you have any tips for others?
Hi it’s Rachel here. How is everyone doing?
I think January can be a hard month but finally February is here...I think that’s Spring just round the corner 🙃
Thanks to those who made the meeting last night. For anyone who couldn’t make it...we looked at Five ways to well-being.
This looks at different activities to participate using evidence and research that can promote good mental well-being;
1. Connection - trying to socially connect with others...Asking colleagues how their weekend was and really listening or ringing someone instead of texting.
2. Be active - trying to incorporate a bit of movement into your day such as talking the stairs instead of the lift or walking to the shops instead of driving if possible.
3. Take Notice - is all about being in the present moment... could you concentrate on three things you can see and hear on your daily walk?
4. Learn - taking pride in learning something new...learn a new word or take up an online course.
5. Give - helping others can make ourselves feel good...but remember kindness begins at home!
What do you all think? Is there something you would like to try or perhaps you are already doing? I’d love to hear? I definitely need to increase my activity levels and start focusing on some mindfulness again! If anyone would like some further information let me know, I’ll share some resources that I found useful.Thank you and take care, Rachel 😊 xx
Hi Rachel, thanks for a great meeting. It got me thinking how I'm really enjoying learning at the moment but I know I need to work on taking notice more and being in the present moment rather than rushing around or thinking ahead all the time! I think if I was more present I think I would be better at connecting with people too! I think I am going to try some mindfulness exercises and see how that goes!
-Claira (Volunteer- Chair)
We understand social media is not for everyone so you can stay up to date on all our latest information via the feeds we’ve included on this page. We do want everyone to feel included in our community, and you shouldn’t have to feel left out because you may not have any social accounts.
This is our blog and news section we update the articles regularly, and we’d like to invite our members to submit them too. You may have your own story you’d like to share with the community; you don’t have to leave your name if you wish to remain anonymous. To have an article published register with the site click the button below, with a title and any links you’d like to include to us so we can review it. One good way to express how you are feeling is to get it out and write something down.
A hoarding support group in Reading is now running telephone support groups due to covid-19